- 3 pastured eggs
- 1/2 cup flour- gluten-free flours works fine
- 1/2 cup milk- non-diary milk works fine
- 1 T sugar- the original recipe calls for this, but I omit it and it’s still delicious
- 4 T butter- non-dairy butter works fine
- Pinch of nutmeg, if desired
- Syrup or jam, if desired
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Hand mix or blend all ingredients except butter.
- Place butter in a heavy skillet (cast iron is great) or baking dish and place in oven.
- When the butter has melted, add batter, bake for 20 minutes, until puffed and golden. Lower temperature to 300 degrees and bake 5 more minutes.
- Remove from oven and cut into wedges, add syrup and jam if desired.
Meet the cooks:
Elisabeth is our RMS for the Great Lakes and Midwest region and has been talking about food and community at Lucky’s for 6 years. She lives in Columbus, where she bores/horrifies/entertains her friends and family with stories about what we consume and what consumes us. Her beloved daughter, pictured, is a junior at Transylvania University in Lexington, KY.
- Dairy Free
- Gluten Free
Many of these recipes have been provided by Lucky’s Market customers, and Lucky’s Market has not reviewed all recipes or confirmed that all descriptions (such as “Gluten Free,” “Vegan,” or “Kosher”) are accurate. Please use your discretion when deciding whether these meet your dietary needs. Enjoy!