35 minutes prep time n Serves 2
- 2/3 c arame seaweed
- 1/2 daikon radish
- 1/2 large carrot (choose one that is thick if using a spiral vegetable slicer) 1 small or 1/2 large zucchini
- 1/2 of an English cucumber, peeled
- 1/2 red bell pepper, cut into matchsticks
- 2 Tbsp cilantro, minced
- 1 Tbsp fresh basil, sliced
- 8 to 10 oz roasted chicken, shredded
- 1/2 c Creamy Cashew Gado Gado Sauce
- (recipe at left)
- 1 tsp sliced fresh red or green jalapeño pepper for garnish (optional)
- Soak seaweed in warm water for about 15 minutes or until soft.
- Using a spiral vegetable slicer, slice radish, carrot, zucchini, and cucumber into a bowl. Alternatively, you can grate the carrot and daikon, and thinly slice the zucchini and cucumber with a mandoline or a knife.
- Drain seaweed. Add seaweed, bell pepper, cilantro, and basil to bowl of sliced veggies.
- Warm Gado Gado Sauce and chicken. Top “noodles” with chicken and warm Gado Gado Sauce. If bringing to the office, pack the Gado Gado Sauce separately and keep it at room temperature. Add sauce right before serving.
- Garnish with jalapeño, if desired.
Kitchen Note: If you’re worried about the taste of seaweed, don’t fret. You won’t even notice it among the crunchy strips of bell pepper, long strings of cucumber, zucchini, radish, and carrot, and the heavenly Gado Gado Sauce.