1 cup – Lucky’s quick cooking steel cut oats
6 slices – Lucky’s black pepper bacon (diced)
1 small – white onion (diced)
1 Tablespoon – extra virgin olive oil
2 cup – water
1/2 teaspoon – kosher salt
1/2 cup – Lucky’s sharp cheddar (small dice)
1-2 – ripe avocados (large dice)
3-4 – eggs ((cooked as desired, we recommend soft poach or fried over easy))
1. In a medium sauce pot, heat EVO oil over medium heat; add bacon and cook until just crisping (approximately 3-5 minutes).
2. Remove bacon from pan and set aside; drain grease from pot, then add diced onion and cook until just softened and beginning to brown at edges (approximately 4-6 minutes).
3. Stir in water and kosher salt; bring to a boil, then stir in the oats.
4. Decrease heat to low and cook, stirring often, until liquid is absorbed and oatmeal has thickened (approximately 6-8 minutes).
5. Remove from heat and stir in the bacon and cheddar cheese.
6. Ladle into serving bowls and top each bowl with avocado and a cooked egg. Enjoy!