- 1 dozen eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup stale bread, cubed
- 16 ounces breakfast sausage
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup butternut squash, diced
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9×13 baking dish.
- Brown the sausage in a large skillet. Remove sausage once cooked and add bell pepper and squash to the same pan. Cook on medium heat until vegetables are tender, about 5-7 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, cheese, and bread cubes. Add cooked sausage, veggies, and season with salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture into the prepared baking dish, bake approximately 45 minutes.
- If baking from frozen, cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees for about 90 minutes.