- 3 cups cooked shredded chicken
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 large can red enchilada sauce
- 3 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 head cabbage
1.Bring a large pot of water to boil. Remove leaves from core of cabbage. Drop cabbage leaves into the boiling water, 2 leaves at a time for about a minute each, until tender and bright green.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Grease a 9×13 baking dish.
3. Pour 1/3 of the enchilada sauce on the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
4. Combine chicken, 1 1/2 cup cheese, 1/3 of the enchilada sauce, and diced onion in a medium sized bowl.
5. Fill each cabbage leaf with a scoop of the chicken mixture, roll up and place in the baking dish, seam side down. Repeat until the dish is full of cabbage rolls.
6. Mix the remaining 1/3 enchilada sauce and sour cream in a small bowl. Pour the sauce over the cabbage rolls and top with the remaining cheese.
7. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes until cheese is brown and melted.