1 pound – pasta
2 – medium onions (peeled and chopped)
2 Tablespoons – olive oil
1 cup – water
2 cups – lentils
1/2 cup – fresh fava beans (peeled)
1 – lemon (juiced)
2 cups – fresh fenugreek (picked (if fenugreek isn’t readily available use any soft, bitter green, such as arugula, mustard, or dandelion))
1 cup – plain low fat yogurt
1/4 cup – fresh mint leaves (chopped)
1. Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling water.
2. While the pasta is cooking sauté onions in olive oil over medium heat for 4 to 5 minutes.
3. Add water, lentils, and fava beans and cook for 2 to 4 minutes or until tender.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Transfer cooked pasta to a large serving bowl and add the lentils and lemon juice. Toss to combine and add the fenugreek (or other bitter green) leaves, mixing well.
6. In a small bowl mix together the yogurt and mint leaves and serve alongside as a condiment.