2 lbs – russet potatoes (washed)
5 Tablespoon – butter (cut into small pieces)
1 cup – half & half (warmed)
1 Tablespoon – sea salt (to taste)
1/2 teaspoon – black pepper (ground)
1. Place whole/unpeeled russet potatoes into deep sauce pot; add cold water to cover potatoes by at least 2”.
2. Bring to boil, reduce heat to simmer and cook until a fork can be easily inserted into center of each potato (approximately 50 minutes).
3. Drain potatoes. Using a kitchen towel to hold the hot potatoes, peel the potatoes and place into a mixing bowl (discard peels).
4. Add salt & pepper; start mixer on low to begin mashing potatoes, increase mixer speed once potatoes are mashed.
5. Reduce mixer speed and gradually add half & half. Add butter and whip on high speed to incorporate.
6. Place into serving bowl. Enjoy!!