- 1 medium head cauliflower (about 2-1/2 pounds), cut into florets about 1-1/2″ wide*
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons freshly grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Handful fresh chopped parsley (optional)
- Set oven rack in middle position and preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower florets with the olive oil, salt and pepper and toss to coat evenly. Transfer to the prepared baking sheet.
- Roast the cauliflower, stirring a few times to promote even browning, until tender and golden brown, 20-30 minutes. (Keep an eye on it; you want the florets to develop deep golden spots. If it looks like they’re getting too dark, turn the oven down to 425 degrees.) Sprinkle with grated cheese, then taste and add more salt and pepper if necessary. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with parsley if desired. Serve hot or room temperature.
- *Dry the cauliflower florets with a kitchen towel after washing, as too much moisture will prevent them from browning.