2 lbs – green beans (ends snipped)
3 Tablespoons – extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup – sliced almonds
2 teaspoon – sea salt (to taste)
1 teaspoon – black pepper (ground (to taste))
1. Spread almonds, single layer, onto a baking tray.
2. Place into 350 degree oven and lightly toast, stirring often, until golden brown (approximately 4-6 minutes); cool.
3. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Blanch the green beans in the boiling water until crisp tender (approximately 3-4 minutes).
4. Immediately shock the green beans in ice water to stop the cooking process; drain.
5. Toss the green beans with the extra virgin olive oil, toasted almonds, salt & pepper to taste.
6. Transfer to a serving dish. Enjoy!!