1 lbs – Lucky’s artisan bread (preferably day old; savory variety without cheese or olives)
3/4 cup – butter
2 – medium white onions (3/4” dice)
2-3 – celery stalks (sliced into 1/4” thick half moons)
1/2 cup – flat leaf parsley (coarse chop)
2 Tablespoon – fresh sage (chopped)
2 teaspoon – fresh rosemary (chopped)
1 Tablespoon – fresh thyme (chopped)
2 teaspoon – sea salt
1 teaspoon – black pepper (ground)
2 1/2 cups – Lucky’s chicken or vegetable stock (divided)
2 – eggs
1. Cut bread into large 1” cubes. Arrange bread cubes, single layer, on a baking sheet and place in 275 degree oven.
2. Toast bread, stirring often, until all moisture has evaporated and the bread cubes are golden brown (approximately 40 minutes). Remove from oven, cool.
3. In a sauté pan over medium heat, melt the butter and then sauté the onions and celery until tender and just beginning to brown at the edges.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine the toasted bread cubes and the sautéed onion/celery mixture; add the fresh herbs, half of the Lucky’s Chicken Stock, salt & black pepper; mix thoroughly.
5. Combine eggs with remaining Lucky’s Chicken Stock and add to dressing; mix thoroughly.
6. Place stuffing into a 13×9 glass or ceramic baking dish, cover with foil and place into 325 degree oven.
7. Bake until stuffing is heated through and the temperature in the center of stuffing is 145 degrees (approximately 40 minutes). Remove foil from pan and continue to bake for an additional 8-10 minutes to brown and crisp the top.
8. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving. Enjoy!!