1 12-22 lb – whole turkey (brined if desired)
8 Tablespoons – butter (softened, divided)
1 container – Lucky’s chicken stock (32oz)
2 Tablespoons – sea salt
2 Tablespoons – black pepper (ground)
2 Tablespoons – granulated garlic
1 Tablespoon – thyme (dried)
1 Tablespoon – basil (dried)
1 Tablespoon – sage (dried)
1. Remove giblets from the turkey and set aside.
2. Thoroughly rinse turkey and pat dry. Place turkey, breast up, onto a large roasting rack set inside a deep roasting pan.
3. Combine half of the butter with the granulated garlic, thyme, basil and sage.
4. Working from the back side of the turkey, gently slide your hand between the skin and flesh to lightly loosen the skin. Evenly rub the butter & herb mixture between the skin & flesh. Rub the outside of the turkey with the remaining butter and sprinkle with salt & pepper.
5. Pour enough Lucky’s Chicken Stock into the bottom of the pan to measure 1/2” deep.
6. Loosely tent the turkey with aluminum foil and place into a 325 degree oven. Roast for approximately 1 1/2 hours, remove foil and continue to roast for an additional 1-2 hours, basting often, until internal temperature of turkey is 165 degrees.
7. Raise oven temperature to 375-400 degrees and allow turkey to brown for approximately 12-15 minutes; watch carefully to avoid burning the outside.
8. Remove turkey from oven, tent with aluminum foil and allow turkey to rest for 20-30 minutes before carving.
9. Reserve the juices in the bottom of the pan for gravy. Enjoy!!