- 8 ounces gluten-free spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 yellow onion, diced
- 5 cloves garlic, diced
- Red pepper flakes, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- 1 lemon, juice and zest
- 3 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1/2 cup vegan Parmesan
- Fresh basil, roughly chopped, to taste
- Bring a salted pot of water to a boil and cook your spaghetti according to package instructions.
- While spaghetti is cooking heat olive oil in a pan over medium heat and add onion and garlic. Sauté until onion starts to become tender, this should take about five minutes.
- Add red pepper flakes, pepper, lemon juice and lemon zest to the pan and cook for an additional 2 minutes.
- Add the drained pasta, butter, and vegan Parmesan to the pan and stir to combine. Plate pasta and top with fresh basil.