- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 8 – 10 radish, sliced or shredded
- 1/2 head purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 fennel bulb, chopped
- 3 TB. cilantro with stems, chopped
- 2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1 heaping TB. ginger, chopped
- 1 TB. ume plum vinegar
- 2 TB. olive oil
- 2 TB. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Pinch sea salt
In a large bowl mix together celery, zucchini, radish, cabbage and fennel. Feel free to substitute any of your favorite veggies for this medley – broccoli stems, carrots, cauliflower, cucumbers or kale would all work well too.
For the marinade, combine cilantro, garlic, ginger, olive oil, ume plum vinegar, lemon juice, cayenne pepper and sea salt in a mini food processor or blender until well puréed. Pour over veggie medley and mix well to coat fully. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour for the best flavor.
Use as a topper to any bed of mixed greens, or as a filler for collard or nori wraps.