- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease a deep 9×13 inch baking pan.
- Slice zucchini lengthwise into thin slices. Pat dry with paper towel and sprinkle slices lightly with salt.
- To prepare the meat sauce, cook and stir ground beef and black pepper in a large skillet over medium-high heat for 5 minutes. Add green pepper, onion, and garlic and cook while stirring until meat is no longer pink. Stir in tomato paste, tomato sauce, red wine, basil, and oregano. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer sauce for about 20 minutes, stirring frequently.
- In a separate mixing bowl, stir egg, ricotta, and parsley together until combined.
- Spread 1/2 of the meat sauce into the bottom of the greased baking pan. Then layer 1/2 the zucchini slices, 1/2 the ricotta mixture, all of the spinach and mushrooms, then 1/2 the mozzarella cheese. Repeat by layering the remaining meat sauce, zucchini slices, ricotta mixture, and mozzarella. Spread Parmesan cheese evenly over the top; cover with foil.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Remove foil; raise oven temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C), and bake an additional 15 minutes. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.