- 3 medium apples, peeled and thinly sliced* (4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon finely ground, blanched almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extrac
- 3/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup finely ground, blanched almond flour
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan with coconut oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add all of the filling ingredients: apples, coconut sugar, maple syrup, almond flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla extract. Using a spatula, stir and fold until apples are fully coated and sugar has dissolved.
- Pour mixture into the baking pan. Use a spatula to smooth apples into an even layer.
- Add all of the topping ingredients to a medium bowl. Stir and fold until crumbles form. Gently spoon evenly over apples.
- Bake for 40-60 minutes or until deep golden brown.
- Allow to cool for 10-15 mins before serving.