two 1-inch – thick bone-in pork chops (or boneless pork chops)
1/4 olive oil
2 tablespoons – ginger, minced
4 cloves – garlic, minced
2 tablespoons – soy sauce or tamari (wheat-free soy sauce)
2 teaspoons – fish sauce
2 teaspoons – white wine vinegar
1 teaspoon – sugar or honey
Pepper to taste
1. Whisk marinade ingredients together in a bowl. Keep out about 2 tablespoons to drizzle over meat once it is cooked. Pour the rest into a baking pan.
2. Place two 1-inch thick bone-in pork chops in pan (boneless pork chops could be used as well). Cover and refrigerate for approximately 30 minutes or longer if time permits. Pork chops can marinate for 24 hours if making the night before. Alternatively, you can put marinade and pork chops in a plastic bag while marinating if you don’t have a pan.
3. When finished marinating. Place pork chops on grill at medium heat. Cook 4-6 minutes a side until juice running from pork chops is clear when pierced, or pork chops are just slightly pink on the inside.
4. Serve meat on bone, or sliced into pieces. Before serving, drizzle extra marinade over meat.
5. Serve with grilled corn and asparagus.