- 2 TB. coconut oil, separated
- 2 lbs. ground turkey
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 2 (15 oz cans) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz.) can pumpkin puree
- 1 TB. chili powder
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1-2 small jalapeños, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 green onion, chopped for garnish
- Handful of cilantro, chopped for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Coconut Lime Crema, garnish (optional)
In a large sauté pan melt 1 tablespoon of coconut oil over high heat. Add turkey meat and cook, breaking it up into small pieces until fully cooked, about 5 minutes. Transfer to crock pot.
Add remaining tablespoon of coconut oil to the sauté pan and heat until melted. Add onions and garlic, sautéing for 3-4 minutes or until translucent. Add cumin and sauté another minute. Transfer to crock pot.
In the crockpot, add beans, pumpkin puree, chili powder, oregano, jalapeños, chicken broth and bay leaves. Stir to combine. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.
Before serving, remove bay leaves and adjust chill powder to taste. Garnish with green onions, cilantro and coconut lime crema, if using.