- 2 bunches beets (approximately 8 medium-sized beets), peeled
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus 3 tablespoons
- Salt and pepper
- 1/4 balsamic vinegar
- 1 pound fresh ricotta cheese
- 1 cup beet greens thinly sliced crosswise
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/2 cup minced beet green stems
- 1 pomegranate seeded (approximately 1 cup)
- 1/2 red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped dill
Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- Peel beets. Slice into thin wedges and place in baking dish. Drizzle with 3 tablespoons olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Roast for approximately 20 minutes or until tender. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Spread ricotta on a platter. Arrange beet wedges on the cheese.
- In a bowl, mix olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Add salt and pepper to taste. Add in chopped onion, dill and beet stems. Stir in beet leaves and arugula.
- Spread the greens over the beets.
- Sprinkle the pomegranate seeds over the greens.
- For extra flavor roast and cube an acorn squash to add to the dish. You can roast the squash together with the beets. Cut a squash in half and rub the insides with olive oil. Once it’s cooked peel back the skin and cube the squash.