2 lbs – asparagus
2 tbsp – unsalted butter
ground black pepper
1. Rinse asparagus in cold water and trim off tough ends of stalks.
2. Put butter in heavy skillet with tight-fitting lid and heat until butter is foaming.
3. Lay asparagus in pan and shake from side to side to coat asparagus gently with melted butter – cover tightly and cook over med heat for 3 minutes.
4. Check asparagus and turn as needed to make sure stalks cook evenly and don’t burn.
5. Continue cooking 5 minutes longer, or until asparagus is tender but still crisp and bright green.
6. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve hot.