- 2 Tbsp avocado or olive oil
- 2 tsp fresh garlic, minced
- 4 cups finely chopped (riced) cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste, a dash of crushed red pepper if desired
- 1 can chipotle chiles in adobo sauce
- 1/2 onion peeled and quartered
- 2 garlic cloves peeled
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 boneless chicken breasts shredded
- 8 full lettuce leaves, romaine or green leaf
- 1 -2 avocado peeled and diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 2 tomatoes chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- 3 tablespoons cilantro
Looking for a low-carb dinner. Swap your tortillas for lettuce and you’re good to go.
Turn oven on to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Place onion and garlic in small baking dish and bake for approximately 15 minutes, until onion is tender. For the mole sauce. Open chipotle chiles and pour adobo sauce into a bowl and set aside. Rinse chipotle chiles. Remove 1 chipotle pepper and chop. Set aside remaining chiles. In a blender, mix together 1 teaspoon of reserved adobo sauce with chopped chile, broth, orange juice, vinegar, cumin, oregano, red pepper, cinnamon and salt and pepper. Add onion and garlic and blend until smooth.
In a saucepan or large skillet on medium heat place chicken breasts. Add water to cover breasts. Bring water to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cover. Cook for approximately 12 minutes until chicken is cooked entirely through, meaning there is no pink meat. Place chicken in a bowl or on a cutting board. Allow to cool and then shred the chicken with a fork.
Reheat skillet to medium-high heat. Add olive oil. Stir in chicken, add mole sauce. Cook for approximately 3-5 minutes until there is no liquid remaining. Remove from heat.
Chop tomatoes, avocado and red pepper. Place in individual bowls. Place lettuce leaves on a plate. Scoop chicken mixture onto lettuce leaves, add red pepper, tomatoes, avocado and cilantro as desired. Drizzle with lime juice and enjoy.
If you need more, serve with cauliflower fried rice…
- Heat the oil in a large heavy bottomed saute pan. Add the garlic and cook for about one minute or until fragrant. Add the cauliflower and fry over high heat for about 3 minutes. Add the lemon juice. Cook for another 2-3 minutes. Stirring frequently until cauliflower is soft and slightly browned. Remove from heat and serve.