1 pound – tomatillos
6 – sprigs cilantro
1/2 cup – onions (chopped)
1 pinch – salt
1. Bring a pot of water to a boil.
2. Remove the husks from the tomatillos and wash in cold water.
3. Cook whole tomatillos in boiling water for 5 minutes.
4. Wash and pick the leaves of cilantro.
5. Rough chop the tomatillos.
6. Combine the tomatillos, onion, and cilantro in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth and add salt to taste.
7. Serve with baked corn chips, which are really easy to make. Just cut fresh corn tortillas into small triangles and place on a cookie sheet. Toast in a 350 degree F oven until crispy. If the tortillas are dry, you can toss the triangles with a small amount of corn oil before toasting.