Vegan Buckwheat Crepes
- 1 cup buckwheat flour
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 4 TBS unsweetened applesauce
- 2 TBS sugar
- 2 TSP salt
- 2 TBS avocado oil (and a little extra coating the pan)
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all of the ingredients.
- Heat a non-stick pan. Add avocado oil to coat. Wait until the pan is heated then pour ⅓ cup of batter into the center of the pan and let the batter is spread out evenly. Cook 1 to 2 minutes, or until the crepe lifts easily from the pan.
- Flip the crêpe and cook for another 10-20 seconds and remove from the pan transfer to a large plate.
- Make sure to add more avocado oil to coat the skillet between every crepes. Continue until you have used up all of the batter.
- Serve crêpes warm with Forager Project Dairy-Free Cashewgurt, blackberries, lemon zest, and powdered sugar or any other garnish of your choice.
Note: Do not refrigerate the batter, it’s best when cooked fresh.
Ideas for garnish (optional but recommended)
Forager Project Dairy-Free Cashew yogurt