Vegan Pumpkin Alfredo with Lentil Pasta
Cashew Cream (cashews soaked in water overnight)
- 1/2 cup Lucky’s Market Raw Cashews
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 sprigs of fresh sage
- 10 brussels sprouts with outer leaves peeled off and discarded
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp Lucky’s Market cinnamon
- 1 Package of Ancient Harvest™ POW!™ Power Protein Pasta Green Lentil Penne
Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Thinly slice the brussels sprouts and toss with 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Put shaved brussels sprouts on a large sheet pan, and roast them for about 20 minutes or until they get nice and crispy.
- Sprinkle the brussels sprouts with salt and pepper. Remove from pan. Set aside.
- Add cashews to a bowl, cover with water and let them soak overnight.
- The next day, drain the cashews, add 1 1/2 cups of water and blend them in a high-speed blender until smooth & creamy. Set aside.
- Prepare the pasta according to the instructions.
- While the pasta is cooking, heat the remaining olive oil in a large pan on medium-high heat, then add the garlic and sage and let them cook until fragrant.
- Reduce heat to low and add the pumpkin puree and cashew cream mixing until incorporated.
- Add the salt, pepper, nutmeg, cinnamon and let the sauce cook down for 2 minutes. Remove the sage from the pan.
- Drain cooked pasta, add it to the pan and toss together with the sauce.
- Garnish with roasted shaved brussels sprouts. Enjoy immediately!
Note: To make a thicker sauce add only 1 cup of the cashew cream to the pan.